The Process of Surrogacy Abroad
Going through surrogacy in general and particularly, surrogacy abroad, can be very difficult emotionally. The great distance and the inability to be close to your surrogate throughout your pregnancy can be challenging. Therefore, it is important to have a reputable agency like Lotus Surrogacy by your side on your journey to parenthood.
We at Lotus Surrogacy understand how difficult and emotional surrogacy may be for you and understand that we are dealing with the future of your family. We will be there for you during your pregnancy, to make sure everything is done correctly and to answer any questions you may have. We want to make this journey as stress-free as possible for you.
Legally, there can often be confusion about how surrogacy works for international Intended Parents. At Lotus Surrogacy, our experienced lawyers will handle all contracts and ensure that all legal obligations are undertaken by all parties involved in the surrogacy arrangement.
Step by Step
- Contact the Lotus Surrogacy office for further information and a free consultation.
- Have all your questions answered clearly and promptly.
- Sign a contract with us.
- Egg Donors (if needed) and a surrogate are recruited for you.
- Extensive medical tests are conducted on your Egg Donor.
- Extensive medical tests are conducted on your surrogate.
- Our office will collate all tests results and pass the conclusions onto the Intended Parents.
- The Intended Parents will go through a series of medical tests in their home country and send the results to Lotus Surrogacy. These results will be reviewed by our partner fertility clinic.
- We will fully escort and assist you with your first visit to Ukraine (if you chose to come to Ukraine before the baby is born). We will arrange meetings with the fertility clinic and your surrogate. We will accompany you while signing the contracts with your surrogate and the fertility clinic. All contracts will be drafted by local lawyers who work with Lotus and who specialize in surrogacy law.
- All contracts will be presented to you before your trip, so you can review them and consult your lawyer.
- Lotus will coordinate your trip including transportation, lodging and of course, coordinate all meetings with our partner clinic and your surrogate.
- If needed, Lotus can organise logistics and transfers of frozen semen/embryos to our partner clinic.
- Once your pregnancy is confirmed, we will supervise your surrogate during the pregnancy to ensure that your baby is well taken care of. Lotus will coordinate all medical visits and scans for your surrogate and send updates to Intended Parents.
- During the pregnancy, we will make sure that you receive all medical updates concerning your surrogate and your baby and any information regarding the pregnancy and birth.
- After the birth of your baby, Lotus Surrogacy will assist you to receive the Birth Certificate (in your names). In addition, we will assist you with all of the necessary documentation for you to present at your embassy in order to receive a travel document for the new born, for your safe and happy return home.
Finding an egg donor is one of the most important decisions when approaching surrogacy abroad. A good donor will increase your success rate and can improve the chances of achieving a pregnancy on the first attempt.
All Lotus Surrogacy donors are chosen after going through thorough medical examinations. Lotus provides the results of all medical examinations, including blood tests, tests for infectious diseases, ultrasounds, hormone and genetic tests, prior to donation.
If one Intended Parent is a carrier of a genetic affliction, the donor will undergo the same tests to ensure the absence of two carrier statuses. All donors are Ukrainian women between the ages of 20 and 33, are fertile, have at least one child of their own, are attractive and intelligent.
Lotus has a large database of successful egg donors and are recruiting new donors each month. Intended Parents will be provided with a donor’s full medical history, obstetric history and previous egg donation results (if relevant).